Innovation in Energy Efficiency
Now more than ever, a home must do more than provide a welcoming environment for life – it must reduce our energy consumption to help provide a better, cleaner future. We believe an ecologically-friendly home that reduces long-term energy consumption is not in conflict with a beautiful home that fits your lifestyle. This is why each Lancaster Craftsmen Builders home achieves an inspiring balance between these two ideals.
We incorporate many sustainability options to minimize the environmental footprint, while maximizing comfort and lifestyle:
- Ensuring all homes are Energy Star certified, with a minimum 15 percent or more energy efficient relative to the 2012 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- Incorporating solar-ready, where the initial investment in solar power is part of the home
- Integrating electrical package with advanced sensors, thermostats, and motion detection systems
- Including geothermal heating and cooling
- Plumbing designed for maximum water conservation
- Designing for environmentally-sound water runoff
- Developing ways to better-insulate older homes for energy conservation
The difference is remarkable. Many of our clients pay utility bills that are lower than residents of smaller, less efficient homes. Not only do these enhancements give you financial relief, but they add to the long-term value of your home.
Lancaster is at the forefront of educating homeowners throughout the region about the financial and environmental benefits of an energy-efficient home, including seminars and articles on the effectiveness of green building methods. Founder Mark Lancaster chaired the Frederick County Sustainability Commission, Maryland’s first commission on sustainability.